Hug-A-Plug makes electrical outlets safer

Every year, almost 5,000 Americans die from electrical fires and thousands more are injured. Many of these are caused by electrical outlet overload, but a number are related to damaged electrical cords.

Look around any home and you’ll find crimped or bent cords tucked behind furniture or kitchen appliances, made to fit into household outlets often inconveniently placed. Cords get damaged from crimping or bending, by being caught or punctured by an object like a desk drawer or by hanging heavy appliances or power tools from them. Any of these can create a short that winds up as an electrical fire.

The new Hug-A-Plug is a new dual-plug grounded electrical outlet adapter that lets plugs lie almost flush with the wall. You may think you’ve seen or heard of this type of plug before, but you haven’t.

Continue reading