As an environmental journalist, blogger, professional speaker and radio personality, Debra Atlas has carved out a number of important niches:
As a writer
As a writer/journalist and member of the Society of Environmental Journalists, Debra writes about new, affordable, innovative eco-related products. Her articles shed light on creative ideas and products finding their way to the marketplace – products that live up to their promise and provide a real solution to consumer issues. Debra’s articles are published in a number of venues in print and online:
- Her newspaper columns and feature articles
- Her feature articles for websites such as SierraClubGreenHome, a website that provides original content designed to help consumers make their lives more energy efficient, environmentally sustainable and healthy.
- As the Ecological Editor and regular contributor to the Red Ferret Journal. an international website dedicated to presenting the latest innovations and gadgets from around the globe.
- Through her green product reviews for the monthly Change Magazine (Houston). Available in print and online.
A Professional Event Blogger
A professional blogger, Debra has provided professional blogging coverage for a number of respected environmental conferences and workshops. These include:
- the conference on Sustainable tourism in Costa Rica.
- the “Green Concepts for a Regional Economy: Making Economic Development a Sustainable Practice Conference”, sponsored by the National Association of Development Organizations
- the Bioenergy Sustainability conference at U.C. Davis, sponsored by the California Biomass Collaborative
- the 26th annual Border Governors Conference– “Building Green Economies” – hosted in California at Universal Studios, in partnership with General Electric.
Debra is an expert in providing on-site, up-to-the-minute reporting/ blogging, which includes one-on-one insightful interviews with key participants.
Debra’s work can also be seen as a guest blogger on a growing number of other blog sites.
A Professional Speaker
A professional speaker for over a decade-and-a-half, in late 2012 Debra premiered her latest program – “From Imagination to Innovation: Designing your Way to Eco Trends”. This engaging program inspires participants to step outside of their everyday thinking and to creatively solve an “unsolvable” problem. This fun and dynamic program can be tailored for keynote and workshop formats.
To learn more details about any of these programs or services, email Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org.